With the release of EP Evaluator 12, this Tips and Tricks will review the network installation/upgrade process.
INSTALLATION OF EP EVALUATOR RELEASE 12 FOR NETWORK INSTALLATION
- Download the EP Evaluator (EE) installation Media from eedownload.datainnovations.com
- Choose where the installation will be on the network. This should be a shared folder which has correct permissions for the users to access, read, write and modify for the EE12 folder.
- Install EE in that location. Following the prompts, select the location of the installation directory.
- Create a shortcut to the program file (ee12.exe) located in the EE12 folder using a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path (e.g. \\Server\Directory\) to that location. This shortcut should be sent to all the people who have access to the Network EP Evaluator, Release 12.
- Activate EP Evaluator on a computer with Internet Access
-Right-click the shortcut created in Step 4 above, and choose “Run as Administrator.”
-If the activation screen does not come up immediately, you can get to it by clicking on Help → Renew Subscription.
- Activate EP Evaluator on a computer without Internet Access
Note: Only one activation is needed. You are activating the EP Evaluator installation, not the individual users.
If the computer with EE installed on it does not have access to the internet access, you can generate an activation code using the Web activation and System ID appearing at the bottom of the window. Then go to activate.epevaluator.com on any computer with internet access.
To move your data from a previous release of EP Evaluator to EP Evaluator 12, please follow the steps in Bring Data Forward to a New Major Release section of the EP Evaluator, Release 12 – Getting Started Guide.